Concerns Limited to Bottoming
Will I become incontinent or suffer from Accidental Bowel Leakage (ABL) later in life?
Fisting forums frequently list this question with the typical response of NO. However, there is no medical literature or studies available to the general public about ABL for this assertion to be made. There is also no anecdotal evidence regarding fisting and ABL. This could mean one of two things: it isn't a problem, or there are no manifest cases to study at this time.
Let's review the second assertion (that there are no cases manifest to be studied) and its implications. ABL is very atypical in younger people and generally affects only those individuals of advanced age. Current statistics show a frequency of ABL in about 30% of the nursing home population. At this time (2016), there are not a large number of FFuck-Bottoms in that demographic due to the small set of individuals who habitually fisted that survived the AIDs crisis of the eighties and nineties. With no age range affected, there is no data available.
Research does show that ABL is more likely to occur due to other colorectal issues not related to the sphincter itself (see Colon Rectal Surgery Associates - Accidental Bowel Leakage). A small percentage of ABL is attributed to weak or damaged sphincter; however, most established fisters have extremely well-trained sphincters (above and beyond the non-fisting population) and this shouldn't be a concern.
If I were a medical doctor, I would offer this advice: things that happen to all humans as they age—since there is no evidence or case studies regarding the matter of ABL and your proclivities, you need to evaluate the risks of getting punched fisted and make the decision on your own whether to continue or abandon the practice. I would then take off my white jacket and stethoscope, pull down my pants, and let you go elbow deep in my hole (assuming you have small hands).
Will my ass become loose or unfuckable?
Most FFuck-Bottoms say NO. I partially disagree. It will become looser, but it will not become unfuckable. I've bottomed for guys who say I'm tight (mostly because I clinch down on their cock during sex); however, I'm not as tight as I used to be. I've fucked FFuck-Bottoms who are not tight either. Regardless, most guys won't tell you that you are loose to your face.
Will I still be able to enjoy anal sex after developing an affinity to fisting?
Yes, getting fucked is usually the pinnacle of all sex experiences—even for the nastiest of ffuck-pigs.
Can I die if improperly fisted?
Yes. If the fist chute is punctured, you can bleed out, or you can release harmful bacteria into your gut and die of infection. Only play deep with knowledgeable Tops and only play shallow with men you trust.
When and how should I seek medical care?
Pain or bleeding may require a trip to the ER. Perforation of your fist chute can result in internal bleeding and death within hours or days, depending on the size and location of the perforation. Because of the nature of fisting, it may be difficult to reveal to medical personnel the cause of your injury. Before playing, you should determine when you will go (define your thresholds for bleeding, pain, or fever) and what you will tell the doctor (regardless of how humiliating it may seem).
Is it okay to parTy when fisting?
While initially it can enhance your experience during fisting, the repeated, extended, and continued use of crystal meth affects your mind, your senses, and your pleasure centers detrimentally. Friends who have broken free from this addiction state that fisting becomes more about meth use and extended play sessions and less about fisting itself.
The euphoria experienced while using meth can also affect your judgement. You may exceed boundaries and become unable to identify internal injuries, including transmission of STIs.
Be honest with yourself and your partners. If you believe meth is affecting your fisting sessions as explained above, or has the probability of affecting your fisting sessions in such a manner, then do not parTy when fisting.
Can I contract any Sexually Transmitted Infections when fisting?
Yes. Here is a list of infections you can contract while fisting and the circumstances related.
- Hep A, B, C and D. Open sores and rashes can expose you to these diseases. Anal-Oral contamination is also a method for spreading Hep. Get vaccinated for A and B and make sure that your vaccines are current. Discuss C and D with your partner prior to playing, including sexual history and safety practices.
- HIV. Open sores can also expose a negative partner to HIV. Sero-sort if possible, or use protection when status is unknown. If recently poz, abstain from fisting until undetectable.
- Molluscum Contagiosum. Skin to skin contact can spread this pox-like, but relatively harmless disease that takes up to a year to heal. Pox can appear on your arm (the site of contact) or any other area (such as your genitals) that directly or indirectly touched the infected area.
- Herpes. An active infection can easily be passed to you in contaminated skin comes into contact with your fist chute.
- HPV. Sores and body fluids can easily transmit HPV and most of the time the infection is harmless. It is highly unlikely that genital/anal warts will translate to warts on your hands because those are unique strains that do not live outside their designated area. Note, if you have had unprotected sex with at five men, you likely have some type of HPV in your body.
- Warts. See HPV.
Is fisting dangerous?
Yes. If improperly fisted, you can die due to any of the following fisting related injuries:
- Perforated intestine. Extreme internal bleeding due to a hole in your intestine and fecal contamination in your gut can be life threatening.
- Anal fissures. You can also cause anal fissures (tears) by not using sufficient lube and stretching techniques. Smaller fissures are more of a nuisance while larger fissures may need medical attention. Any fissure can introduce bacteria into the wrong portion of your gut, and result in serious illness.
- Sexually transmitted diseases. While not immediately fatal, they can cause severe health issues (physical and mental) over time.
- Cancer. Agitating tissue in atypical ways not common in nature, introducing J-lube and other lubricants to GI tissues, and exposure to HPV may increase the risk that these cells go rogue later in live.
How likely is it that I will damage my colon?
If you use the appropriate lube, stretch appropriately, develop your chute over time, and follow your road map, then damage is unlikely. Know your limits and follow them. For example, your hole may not take extra large hands due to your physiology. Keep them out if that is the case!
Can fisting result in hemorrhoids?
Yes. In fact, it's highly likely that you will develop them at least once in your fisting career (usually at the beginning). Most will go away over time.
Is there any risk in douching daily, or douching at deeper depths?
As long as your are following proper douching techniques, there is little physical danger in daily douching.
It's nearly impossible to kill all the bacteria in your gut, regardless of how deep you douche; however, it is estimated that a third of your immune system is powered by activity in the large and small intestines. Daily douching could affect the strength of your system. GI Wellness sites have also suggested that daily douching may affect your body's normal peristalsis.
Personally, I've found that douching introduces a large amount of fluid that is absorbed by the body and my bowel movements do not typically change due to douching.